Tuesday, October 29, 2019

BOOKS: Don't Bother Trying To "Find Me"

Book lovers (and movie lovers), André Aciman wrote a sequel to his acclaimed bestseller Call Me By Your Name. Here's a tease for my review running exclusively at BookandFilmGlobe.com!



A sequel to the literary sensation Call Me By Your Name? That sounds like a bad idea, I thought. I was wrong. It turns out to be a positively dreadful idea. André Aciman’s new novel Find Me manages to be terrible in its own right and make you question your appreciation of the earlier book.
I saw the film version of Call Me By Your Name, starring Timothée Chalamet as the precocious and fawn-like 17-year-old Elio and Armie Hammer as Oliver, a supremely handsome 24-year-old grad student. Oliver takes Elio to his bed but is too afraid to take Elio to his heart. Also, Elio has sex with a peach.  It’s a bittersweet tale and while I didn’t like it nearly as much as others, I enjoyed it well enough.
Then I read the novel...

No comments: