Tuesday, June 01, 2021

The Beatles: My 50 -- make that 52! -- Favorite Songs

Here's my first impulsive list, album by album and single by single of every Beatles song that makes me immediately think, Oh I HAVE to include that!  I'm not counting, just tossing in everything that jumps out at me. 


I Saw Her Standing There 

Do You Want To Know A Secret 

She Loves You

I Want To Hold Your Hand 

A Hard Day's Night 

Can't Buy Me Love 

Eight Days A Week 

Ticket To Ride 

Help! 

I've Just Seen A Face 

Yesterday 

We Can Work It Out 

Drive My Car 

Michelle 

In My Life 

Taxman 

Yellow Submarine 

For No One* 

Got To Get You Into My Life 

Paperback Writer 

Rain 

Penny Lane 

Strawberry Fields Forever 

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds 

When I'm Sixty-Four 

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) 

A Day In The Life 

All You Need Is Love 

I Am The Walrus 

Lady Madonna 

Back In The U.S.S.R. 

Blackbird 

Julia 

Birthday 

Mother Nature's Son 

Helter Skelter 

Revolution 1 

Cry Baby Cry 

Good Night 

Get Back 

The Ballad Of John & Yoko 

Something 

Come Together 

Here Comes The Sun 

Because 

She Came In Through The Bathroom Window 

Golden Slumbers 

Carry That Weight 

The End 

Her Majesty 

Two Of Us 

Across The Universe 


52!!!  I was asked to do 50 but 52 is a good number and I don't need to add or take out anything. It's roughly chronological as I went back and forth between the singles and the albums. I love all the songs NOT on this list, believe me. Yes, I will heartily sing along with Hey Jude and Let It Be. I love 'em. I just didn't feel the need to include them here. 


Yours in music,

Michael 

*my favorite of them all 


No comments: