Monday, October 16, 2006

Overnight TV Ratings -- "1 Vs 100" Is #1 On Friday

Okay, no full breakdown because I'm running out of time. But on Friday, NBC's new mindless game show "1 Vs. 100" IMPROVED on its "Deal Or No Deal" lead-in and won its timeslot. It had 12.56 million viewers, the most of the night. And boy, is it easy! For some reason I watched it and there wasn't a single question that made me even wonder for a moment what the answer was. I'm not that smart: it just made "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" seem like Mensa. I haven't wanted to be on a gameshow this much since "Tic Tac Dough" (which had questions like "The first President of the United States was named George _________ ?" And "Men In Trees" isn't exactly a hit but it's showing signs of life and improving on its weak "Grey's Anatomy" rerun lead-in. I mentioned it last week and now MediaWeek's Marc Berman has also suggested ABC put "Men In Trees" on Thursday to follow its growing hits "Ugly Betty" and "Grey's Anatomy." (By the way, I watched last week's "Ugly Betty" -- if they'd drop the silly mystery and over-the-top mystery woman angle, they'd have a really sweet funny show.) And Sunday night was typical for hits like "Desperate Housewives," "60 Minutes," "Sunday Night Football" and so on, with new ABC drama "Brothers & Sisters" springing a leak at 10 p.m. (Isn't it telling that I've Tivo'd the show but never actually watched it?) For the complete rundown, go to MediaWeek's Marc Berman.

No comments: