Friday, October 27, 2006

Weekend Move Preview -- Will Clint Hold Steady?

I can't heartily recommend any of the new movies, including "Babel," which I'm sure will do well in limited release and with critics probably falling for its twisty plot as being faux significant. But I did enjoy "The Prestige" since I'm a sucker for magic. "The Illusionist" insists on magic but adds a dash of reality while "The Prestige" insists on reality but adds a touch of magic. They make interesting bookends, I think. And I'll be interested to see if Clint Eastwood's "Flags Of Our Fathers" shows the usual durability of his films by having a solid second weekend. I'm not so sure, since I really found it quite a disappointment and missing some emotional oomph that would help word of mouth. And what I REALLY want to see before the holiday is over is Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas in 3-D. Box Office Prophets has the rundown.

No comments: