Sunday, December 31, 2006

James Hunter, Et Al

Saw James Hunter at BB King's Saturday night. This is the fourth (?) time I've seen him and Hunter is always fun. This still wasn't the ideal concert. I want a smaller club, a cooler audience and I want to stand close (I was against the bar in the back). But he really is a terrific showman. Also this weekend saw "Curse of the Golden Flower" (a very disappointing spectacle; you'd be much better off renting "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"), "Little Children" (which I was nonplussed by and which my friend convincingly hated -- by convincingly, I mean his dissection of it was on-target); and "Pan's Labyrinth," which held up for me very well and will definitely make my best of the year list." It's very grim, I should say, and not for kids.

No comments: