Sunday, March 11, 2007

Omigosh! On The Set Of "High School Musical 2!"

Okay, so I'm a little annoyed because I was pitching "High School Musical" long before it even premiered and then even after it debuted to spectacular numbers and even after it repeated to massive numbers week after week after week, people wouldn't write about it and certainly not the New York Times and even after the soundtrack debuted with an unbelievable number of singles charting at once (setting an all-time record, by far) people STILL wouldn't write about it, but now of course everyone will. The NYTimes was on the set and got some juicy stuff, including this politely catty comment from star Zac Efron:

“Personally, I feel no competition with the cast because I’m not going for the
same things they are,” he said in an interview in which his blue eyes and easy
smile were evocative of a young John Travolta. “A lot of them are doing teen
music things, and tours, various TV deals and other Disney TV movies and Disney
albums. That’s the last thing I want to be doing at the moment.”
“I’m setting my sights a little bit higher,” he added. “I don’t have an album coming out."

No comments: