Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"Arrested" Update: It's All Up To The Creator

Here's a good update on Arrested Development from the Hollywood Reporter. It's all up to the show's creator Mitch Hurwitz. He's got a solid offer from Showtime for 26 more episodes. He's also got the actors and behind-the-scenes talent locked up till June. So he's got about eight weeks to decide if he wants the show to continue. Hurwitz is reportedly burnt out and wants a lot of money (which is silly, since the show is just a critical fave and Showtime doesn't have the pockets of Fox). But if he wants it to happen, it will.

2 comments:

Michael in New York said...

No comment from priv8pete. I'm shocked.

priv8pete said...

You posted at 6pm on trivia night. TRIVIA NIGHT!!! First off I will now rent the Damon Wayans blockbuster hit Celtic Pride and after carefully studying the skill of kidnapping from Daniel Stern and Dan Akroyd I will recreate scenes from that magical film as I abduct Mitch and coerce him into signing off on 26 more episodes (I know, Misery is a more effective, but it's been overdone). And I don't even get Showtime, in fact I don't have cable but I'll pre-pay on Amazon for the season 4 & 5 DVDs if that helps. Make this happen, Michael. Make it happen!