Friday, January 13, 2006

Tori! Tori! Tori! Gets A New Sitcom

I stole that headline from TV Guide -- it was pegged to a story about Tori Spelling starring in one of the most memorably named TV movies in history: "Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?" (Presumably, Mom said no.) I like Tori -- she literally learned to become a decent actress on "Beverly Hills, 90210" while the whole world was watching and often making fun of her. Now Tori's got a sitcom on VH1 in April called "so noTORIous" that plays off her real-life exploits as Daddy's Little Girl. And for anyone annoyed by the constant refrain that Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal were "brave" for playing gay cowboys, I say, you're right, but relax! Hollywood says that about every actor in every role. Per the LA Times:
"After years and years of trying to get past my family and my life ... if people want to see this side of me, I decided to put it out there," explained Spelling, who was holding her pug, Mimi LaRue, on her lap. "My family loves that I am poking fun at myself, and they think it's very brave, and they support it."

Spelling's courage extends to a kitchen discussion with her childhood nanny about whether her breasts are natural or purchased.

"I thought it was so incredibly brave," piped in co-star James Carpinello. "I was laughing out loud when I was reading the script. I can't believe she's doing it."

No comments: