Friday, February 23, 2007

Weekend Box Office Preview

"Amazing Grace" looks terribly noble -- I really like Ioan Gruffudd but just couldn't bring myself to attend a screening. And whatever anyone predicts for Jim Carrey's "The Number 23" at the box office, I predict it will be lower. BOP says it might hit $19 mil, but this movie just looks silly, people laughed at the trailer when I was seeing another film and the reviews are so bad I just have to assume word of mouth will be poisonous. Sadly, Carrey's most recent dram -- "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind" -- was probably the best of his career, so he loses momentum as a serious actor. But no one should think he's not capable of it.

2 comments:

GEORGE ROBINSON said...

It's a Joel Schumacher movie. What were they expecting, Citizen Fucking Kane? The guy is a creepy-crawly talentless jerk. Carrey should have his head examined for working with the bum.

Michael in New York said...

Hey, he made The Lost Boys, so he can't be all bad. And I'll always love him for making the gay subtext of Batman and Robin become text. By the way, I had to look up his credits because I'd forgotten the name of the teen vampire flick and I suddenly realized he directed The Phantom of the Opera, a TRULY dreadful movie, believe me.