Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"Sex and The City" -- The Movie

Am I the last to realize the feature film version of "Sex and the City" is back on? I assumed it was just lazy rumor-mongering by the British, but in fact a web search makes it clear that a number of people have been saying the film will indeed be happening. Personally, I don't see the point. Why not just have the four gals remake "The Women?" But as long as they ignore the happy ending of the series and just plunge them back into the dating maelstrom of New York City, maybe it could work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you brought up "The Women", I have been searching for the remake with Joan Collins in DVD format. Have you ever seen it or have suggestions on where it might be found?

SATC movie - ehhhh. Loved the series - let it rest in peace.

Michael in New York said...

The Opposite Sex? I don't think it's been released yet on DVD, I'm afraid.

Anonymous said...

I just heard yesterday and I am thrilled. I cannot wait to see my four best gal pals and find out what they have been up to.

Michael in New York said...

Ondo lady, you've just made some studio heads very happy and I'm sure a lot of people are right there with you.