Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Ten Things You Didn't Know About "Knight Rider"

People have talked about a "Knight Rider" feature film for years. (Bad idea, I think.) But since it's the Weinsteins that have just bought the rights, everyone is taking it more seriously. In honor of popsurfer Joe -- who first sent me the link about the news -- here's an LA Times story with trivia about the show, which I admittedly never watched. Looking at the TV schedule, i 1982 I was watching "Greatest American Hero" and/or "Dallas" instead of "Knight Rider." In 1983 when it moved to Sunday, I was watching "Alice" and "One Day At A Time." By 1984, it had been on so long I just didn't bother when it wasn't opposite anything I liked. And yes Joe, that is William Daniels as the voice of "K.I.T.T." He did play George Feeny on "Boy Meets World," but those of us who are a tad older will always remember his lead role on "St. Elsewhere," one of the best dramas TV has ever made. In related news, David Hasselhoff and his wife are getting joint custody of their two daughters and Hasselhoff still denies her accusations of domestic violence. As an aside, one of my favorite moments on the primetime specials starring the now-divorced Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey (I swear they were intentional satires of primetime specials from the Seventies) was the duet that Nick sang with K.I.T.T. Truly hilarious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is this is long overdue. Hopefully the A-Team and MacGyver are soon to follow...

Anonymous said...

What the heck; might as well throw Quantum Leap in there as well.

Anonymous said...

Manimal, anyone? Misfits of Science?

Michael in New York said...

Land of the Lost? My Mother The Car?