Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Film To Be Passionate About

And just to counteract all the agnostic/atheistic leanings of the previous posts, here's a movie I haven't seen yet but want to: "The Nativity Story." Keisha Castle-Hughes plays Mary and I'm hopeful she'll make her a real character rather than a sainted icon. From the trailer alone, "The Nativity Story" seems much closer to the important message of the Gospels than a thousand bloody, violent, nihilistic viewings of "The Passion Of The Christ." Here's one you can take the kids to, and shouldn't you think twice before seeing a movie about Christ that you WOULDN'T take the kids to? Here's the official website and here's the trailer via Apple.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keira Knightley? No.
Whale Rider's Keisha Castle Hughes? Yes.

Michael in New York said...

Actually, that was my comment above, posted from my friend's house in Illinois where I spent Thanksgiving.