Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Overnight TV Ratings -- "Heroes" Still Heroic

It's all good for "Heroes," which continues to excell on Monday nights. (How will it fare when "24" returns in January? I bet both shows will flourish.) But "Studio 60" remains a whopping disappointment, dropping by more than 50% in total viewers AND in the coveted 18-49 demo that should be its bread and butter. It was even beaten (handily) by "The Bachelor." Also doing poorly: CBS's "The Class" and Julia Louise-Dreyfuss's "The New Adventures of Old Christine." Maybe the Seinfeld curse isn't gone, it just takes longer to have an effect. Get the complete ratings from MediaWeek's Marc Berman.

8 p.m.
1. Deal Or No Deal (NBC) -- 17.56 million viewers
2. Prison Break (FOX) -- 9.57 mil
3. Wife Swap (ABC) -- 9.17 mil
4. How I Met Your Mother (CBS) -- 9/93 mil/The Class -- 8.71 mil
5. Everybody Hates Chris (CW) -- 3.59 mil/All Of Us (CW) -- 3.51 mil

9 p.m.
1. Heroes (NBC) -- 15.52 mil
2. Two and a Half Men (CBS) -- 15.59 mil/Old Christine (CBS) -- 12.16 mil
3. The Bachelor: Rome Season Finale (ABC) -- 10.29 mil
4. House rerun (FOX) -- 7.31 mil
5. Girlfriends (CW) -- 3.15 mil/The Game (CW) -- 2.83 mil

10 p.m.
1. CSI: Miami (CBS) -- 16.9 mil
2. The Bachelor: Rome Season Finale (ABC) -- 10.29 mil
3. Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip (NBC) -- 7.45 mil

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having a hard time getting into Heroes. I'm mildly interested in knowing what's going on, but more often than not I find myself flipping over to Monday Night Football for varying stretches of time. And the fact that it will be going up against 24 in the winter -- which I wouldn't miss unless there was a nuclear explosion that Jack Bauer somehow didn't save us from -- makes it even harder for me to devote my attention to this show.

Michael in New York said...

Why do you have to choose? No DVR? I'll grant it's not a GREAT show, but I do think it's fun. Is it too comic book-y for you? Do you not like the actors? (We haven't seen much of the cop lately.)

Anonymous said...

Other than Hiro, who is really just comic relief, I haven't latched on to any of the characters yet. And you are correct, no DVR.

Robert Rouse said...

Joe, You don't have to choose, NBC allows you to watch the previous episode in full on their web site - here's the link.