Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sigourney Weaver Defends Mel Gibson?

Not exactly. She just quite reasonably answers a question about him by offering the only info she has: what he was like to work with back in 1983 on "The Year of Living Dangerously." "I can only go with what my knowledge of him was," she told the BBC News website. "If anything, he seemed incredibly generous to everybody. "I don't really know where it comes from," she continued. "It's a shame - I hope he works this out." That's hardly defending him. And all that was more than 20 years ago when Gibson was a little more sane and making good movies like "Gallipoli" and "The Road Warrior," movies I hope his nastiness hasn't ruined forever for me. Directorboy can't watch them anymore. I haven't tried.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting how we all think that actors hang out together and are soclose. They were co-workers, more than 20 years ago....if someone phoned me up and asked what is was like to work with so-and-so 23 years ago, I probably would have trouble recalling the person. But she did handle the question well.

Michael in New York said...

Exactly. Is she supposed to lie about he behaved when they worked together -- 23 years ago? No, but saying it's a shame and sad and hoping he works it out is hardly defending him.