Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Another Oscar Roundup

The Hollywood Reporter's Martin Grove looks over the dead bodies and assesses the front runners as of today. He ignores all the upcoming movies like "The Good German" and "Blood Diamond" -- except for one, "Dreamgirls." His picks for frontrunners: The Departed and The Queen. Early season hopefuls: Little Miss Sunshine and United 93. Possibles: Babel. And the elephant in the room: Dreamgirls. Nothing is more promising than the movie no one's seen (and I'm certainly looking forward to it, too.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you be attending a Nov 15th screening of Dreamgirls?

Michael in New York said...

I was just wondering if I'll be seeing that invite when I get my mail. At elast I DID see the 20m preview at Cannes. Doesn't that make me cool?