Thursday, November 02, 2006

Borat Victim Complains

Oh the wake of terror left by the rampaging Borat. A local TV producer booked Borat onto their broadcast -- unaware it was all a prank. (You can see his appearance on the broadcast in the movie.) FoxNews' Roger Friedman says the woman wrote to Newsweek in complaint, saying:
“Because of him, my boss lost faith in my abilities and second-guessed everything I did thereafter,” she writes in Newsweek’s most recent issue. “I spiraled into depression, and before I could recover, I was released from my contract early. It took me three months to find another job, and now I'm thousands of dollars in debt and struggling to keep my house out of foreclosure.”
Well, her boss is an idiot for not recognizing a prankster that has fooled US senators, the UN and many many others just might fool a local news program as well. But still, "I spiraled into depression?" That sounds a bit much.

No comments: