Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Final "Harry Potter" Book -- Due Out in 2007?

JK Rowling gave an interview to the Daily Telegraph's Tatler magazine in the UK, confessing she killed off Harry Potter's parents because she lost her own mother to MS while writing the book in 1991.
"I had gone to bed early ... but instead I started writing," she told Tatler magazine. "So I know I was writing Harry Potter at the moment my mother died. I had never told her about(him). Barely a day goes by when I do not think of her."
The story also claims -- without directly quoting Rowling -- that she will finish writing the seventh and final book later this year. That would mean Potter #7 out in 2007. Given the two year gap between the last two books, this isn't out of the question, though Rowling has an awful lot of loose ends to tie up. The Potter books have sold some 300 million copies worldwide.

No comments: