Saturday, January 14, 2006

Python Palin Chastised For Flying Too Much

Monty Python Michael Palin belongs to a "sustainable travel" group called Transport 2000 that pushes for responsible travel that won't pollute the environment, as well as reduced air travel.

The problem? He may get kicked out of the green group because Palin has racked up 250,000 miles in the past two decades while globe-trotting to film his very popular travel series for UK TV. I love his modest defense in the Times of London:
“I shall continue to make travel programmes, secure in the knowledge that the food I’m seen eating, the sanitary arrangements I’m seen experiencing and the coughing attacks that strike me halfway up high mountains are doing more than any government could to persuade people to stay at home.”
Unfortunately for him, Palin's exploits have encouraged spikes in travel to every area he visits.

No comments: