Friday, August 04, 2006

Christian Bale Saddles Up

I couldn't approve more. I stil wish Christian Bale had become the new Bond instead of the new Batman. But if it gives him juice and lets him keep doing the right indie films and interesting studio movies, then great. He has the magician movie "The Prestige" this fall, he's currently shooting the wacky Bob Dylan-esque movie by Todd Haynes and then up next: a remake of "3:10 To Yuma." I don't really see the need for a remake of that movie. It's sensational as it is. But I will say my first instinct was Crowe as the rancher and Bale as the outlaw he must get to the train without being killed. I guess physically it works better the other way around, but Bale has a sneaky snake oil salesman side to him that doesn't get used enough.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

I can't wait for that Haynes Dylanesque pic .. it's just gonna be pure insanity