Friday, February 02, 2007

"The Dark Tower" Comes To Comics

My college friend Geoff Boucher has a typically interesting, well-done piece on Stephen King's foray into comic books for the LA Times. His magnum opus "The Dark Tower" is being turned into a series of comic books, with King collaborating on the title with the Marvel artists who have done most of the work. There's a suggestion King might fiddle with the ending of the books, which were apparently deflating to some, but King himself doesn't address that. I just started reading the cycle in anticipation of ComicCon coming to New York and the possibility I might speak with King. I found Book One to be very flat and uninvolving, but Book Two was a massive improvement and will keep me reading. Now I know not to hope for too much from the finale.

No comments: