Friday, July 28, 2006

Owen Wilson Finally Responds To Steely Dan

Steely Dan jokingly blamed Owen Wilson for a screenwriter "stealing" from their song "Cousin Dupree" when writing Owen's new movie "You, Me and Dupree." They might have been genuinely mad at the screenwriter but they were clearly joking and having fun with Wilson, posting a letter to his brother Luke and asking Owen to come to a concert and apologize to their fans. Naturally, the media treated it seriously instead of as the joke it mostly (or completely) was. Owen released this statement through his publicist:
"I have never heard the song 'Cousin Dupree' and I don't even know who this gentleman, Mr. Steely Dan, is. I hope this helps to clear things up and I can get back to concentrating on my new movie, 'HEY 19."'
Now, THAT'S funny.

No comments: