Thursday, May 04, 2006

Surfing Through "Lost"

SPOILERS FROM LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE: And creatively, "Lost" may have just gone off the rails as well. I know the finale when Michael suddenly killed two characters and wounded himself to give one of the Others a chance to escape was supposed to make us gasp in shock and excitement. But it was easy to spot a mile away. (Michael's been away for a week; how did he suddenly get back? And if he just spied on the Others and didn't get caught, why was he half dead and gone for so long? Etc.) And frankly, my initial reaction was Damn, you better not drink and drive if you're on the cast of "Lost." The two women killed were played by actresses who probably proved to be more of a pain than they were worth, what with headlines and Michelle Rodriguez going to jail for a week. I've been bored for a while, there are so many weeks of reruns that I forget what's been happening and now the big plot twist is just eye-rolling. I'm sure I'll keep watching, but it's suddenly become a duty rather than treat. PS -- Oh and the stupidest plot twist of all them expecting us to believe Sawyer and Ana Lucia slept together and he didn't notice she'd taken his gun? Give me a break.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michael: You watch so I don't have to. What with all the repeats, pre-emptions, clip shows, etc., I've lost tracked and have switched my allegiances to Big Love. I can only have a couple of serialized dramas going at any one time. BTW, GG was moderately better this week, but phoning the Wall Stret Journal -- sheesh! And turning Michel into an excerise addicted manorexic -- double sheesh.
Regards -- Mark (Canada)

Michael in New York said...

Hey Mar, I agree with you about GG. You echoed my thoughts completely. Are you enjoying Big Love? I've been taping but haven't plunged in yet.

Michael in New York said...

I mean "Mark." What part of Canada by the way? I have family in Toronto.

Anonymous said...

Michael: Mark here. I live in Ottawa but have lived in Toronto. As I recall, you are the nephew of Peggy Ann Warpole, who was such a force of nature...a true trailblazer. I get back to TO from time to time, but I'm more of a Montreal guy.

Loving the "Big Love" Don't know if it can be sustained over time but am getting into it. First ep starts out slow -- a lot of exposition to wade through -- and then starts to click. Polygamy is nothing, if not exhausting.

Sent you an e-mail last week at the "info@" address. Did you recieve?

Michael in New York said...

Yes, I got that email. The anonymous threw me off as far as remembering. Thanks for the nice words about my aunt. I'll give Big Love a try.