Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Hate Banks

When I deposit a check, it takes five business days before I can access all the funds. Typically, the first day they'll release 10% of the amount and then a little more each day until finally, grudgingly the total amount is made available. Never mind with banking that everything is instantaneous. But when I WRITE a check, they take out the money so fast it makes your head spin. I deposited a check last Wednesday and thanks to President's Day (computers take weekends off), it finally came through today. But I wrote a check yesterday and ALREADY the money is gone from my account. The bastards are making billions of dollars off the float and it drives me nuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've actually written to my congressman complaing about bank floats. You should too.