Monday, January 15, 2007

"American Idol" -- Meet The Beatles

"American Idol" has finally garnered the rights to use Beatles songs on the show -- enough of them to do a themed week, perhaps with Paul McCartney or George Martin as the guest star. (I'd rather see Yoko Ono challenging them to do something "weirder" and encouraging everyone to deliver those awesomely odd vocal runs of hers. But Paul could sure use the nice boost.) The producers say they've had individual Beatles songs before and they must be right but I'm damned if I can remember one being sung. That's one of the catalogs that seemed like such a glaring hole on the show. Maybe they mean a solo song from a Beatle? But I don't remember that either.

2 comments:

Brad C. said...

Taylor Hicks' performance of "Sometimes" was one of the highlights of the last season.

Michael in New York said...

Oh right, he sang the George Harrison song "Something" from Abbey Road. How could I have forgotten?