Tuesday, February 20, 2007

When Does Oscar Voting End?

Today, actually. Today is the day that all Oscar ballots must arrive at the Academy. I've always wondered if people must mail in their ballots or if they can also drop them off. So I just called the Academy Library (the best and most helpful telephone reference library in the country) and they said...I'm still on hold...and they said they didn't know and transferred me to another number and they said...the woman thought I could but transferred me again...and the guy at membership said absolutely. It's not at the Academy, but at the downtown location of Price Waterhouse and he made sure I had the address on my grey envelope (sure, I said, I've got the grey envelope) and then he gave me a number I could call about parking or a drop box or any other questions...and I called Price Waterhouse and I have to go to the 49th floor but they WILL validate parking and the nice woman said they get lots of walk-ins all day long so I shouldn't feel silly about being so late. So now we know.

3 comments:

priv8pete said...

Nice bit of investigating! You might actually make a real reporter one day...

Michael in New York said...

Nah, I doubt it.

Michael in New York said...

I keep getting these phone messages from some guy calling himself Deep Throat and saying he's got impeachable info on Bush...but I'd rather blog.