Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Waves Are Blown Out Today

In other words, minimal popsurfing today. Woke up late, more than an hour and a half on the phone with Billy Connolly, ("We'll have lunch; I'm not afraid of a little gay!" he boomed) and now running out to sell DVDs and check out two concerts: the British blue-eyed soulster James Hunter (terrific album) and then Americana act Oakley Hall. In between, I'll be reading the second book in a fantasy trilogy by Naomi Novik that crosses the Napoelonic era with dragons. Oh and reading the papers, grabbing lunch, etc. Welcome to my world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
priv8pete said...

Is "secret shopping" code for prostitution?

Oh, and once again, tough life Michael. I'm not sure how you get up in the morning...

Anonymous said...

I don't think he does...

Michael in New York said...

Okay, anonymous, I have been on a bit of a "sleep at 4 am up at 11" schedule which makes my first posting quite delayed. Can't wait to get automated, so these things can get more regular. I've just been posting in clumps but it's fascinating -- people almost never comment on anything but the most recent entry. Ed, sounds like Bette has got you down. Maybe the finish line is in sight? Pete, I don't know where the "secret shopping" ref came from, but I can't afford a prostitute right now, so no that's not what that refers to.