Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Waves Are Blown Out Today

In other words, minimal popsurfing today. Woke up late, more than an hour and a half on the phone with Billy Connolly, ("We'll have lunch; I'm not afraid of a little gay!" he boomed) and now running out to sell DVDs and check out two concerts: the British blue-eyed soulster James Hunter (terrific album) and then Americana act Oakley Hall. In between, I'll be reading the second book in a fantasy trilogy by Naomi Novik that crosses the Napoelonic era with dragons. Oh and reading the papers, grabbing lunch, etc. Welcome to my world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ed Sikov said...

I made zippo last month having a crummy time! Just email me and share your own miserable life with me!

priv8pete said...

Is "secret shopping" code for prostitution?

Oh, and once again, tough life Michael. I'm not sure how you get up in the morning...

Anonymous said...

I don't think he does...

Michael in New York said...

Okay, anonymous, I have been on a bit of a "sleep at 4 am up at 11" schedule which makes my first posting quite delayed. Can't wait to get automated, so these things can get more regular. I've just been posting in clumps but it's fascinating -- people almost never comment on anything but the most recent entry. Ed, sounds like Bette has got you down. Maybe the finish line is in sight? Pete, I don't know where the "secret shopping" ref came from, but I can't afford a prostitute right now, so no that's not what that refers to.