Monday, December 18, 2006

Very Ginger Beer

Apparently, that's Cockney rhyming slang for "queer" and BBC car show host Jeremy Clarkson has been chided for using it on air...to describe a car. He also agreed with an audience member who thought a certain car was "a bit gay." That's right. You can't insult gay people and you can't insult cars, either. A previous joke about Germany was deemed okay because it was considered amusing rather than offensive. I don't know; being so sensitive about every perceived slight seems a bit gay to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that everytime I see a Subaru or a Toyota Tacoma that there will likely be a lesbian at the wheel. Miata's are almost always gay men. VW Jetta marketed towards gay men.
For the record, I offset my Jetta with a big butch 4-wheel drive pick up as my second vehicle.