Friday, February 03, 2006

"I Could Eat A Knob At Night"

I don't even own an iPod at the moment (my last one was stolen in a burglary) but more and more I'm downloading Podcasts. My latest addiction -- and arguably the most popular Podcast in the world -- stars Ricky Gervais of the brilliant British sitcom The Office. He claims episodes of the show (they're up to 9 of 12) have been downloaded 2.5 million times. The breakout star is sidekick Kirk, who's become famous in the UK for his bizarre pronouncements. Kirk's most famous catchphrase came after they discussed a reality show where contestants had to eat an animal's penis. Kirk said he could never do that in the morning because he has a sensitive stomach. And then he said, "I could eat a knob at night." The rest -- T-shirts, dance remixes -- is history.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry about your ipod michael.
p.s. im your youngest blogger, and im on to you

Michael in New York said...

Thanks for the ipod sympathy. Bring in your friends and I'll blog more about uh, whatever it is the young bloggers are talking about.

Anonymous said...

It's Karl, not Kirk.