Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Best Movies Of 2005

Here's a list of my favorite movies of the year. But one of them is actually on my list of the WORST movies of the year. Which one is it? Go here to find out, as well as to read a breakdown of all my favorites, the honorable mentions and the duds.

THE BEST MOVIES OF 2005 (PLUS ONE OF THE DUDS)

The Best of Youth
Brokeback Mountain
Mysterious Skin
Good Night, and Good Luck
March of the Penguins
The New World
The Squid and the Whale
Capote
Look At Me
The Constant Gardener
The Aristocrats
The Beat That My Heart Skipped
2046
A History Of Violence
Howl's Moving Castle
Downfall
The 40 Year Old Virgin
The Warrior
Grizzly Man
Tony Takitani

2 comments:

Michael in New York said...

Wait till you see Brick, the noir-ish flick set in a high school. The kid from Third Rock is great again.

Michael in New York said...

I liked Wedding Crashers and really like Vince Vaughan and Owen Wilson in it. But I thought it got a little lost on the family estate (the scene of Vince tied up was just bizarre -- why would Walken not notice; the freaky gay son was just dumb (too stupid and odd to be offensive)and then the ten minutes with Will Farrell was a good one-liner but dragged out too much). Rescued by the right finale but I just couldn't bring myself to put it on the best of the year list. What did you think of the Aristocrats? At least I had two comedies.