Friday, January 05, 2007

Celine Dion Leaving Vegas After 5 Year Stand

Branson Missouri puts it to shame, but Celine Dion's stand at Las Vegas at the height of her popularity is still pretty remarkable. Haivng seen the show, I have to admit it was technically speaking a revelation. The usage of digital screens to encompass masive set changes and transport the audience from one lavish visual to another will revolutionize Broadway once it becomes more affordable. And Dion has a great voice. Now if only she knew what to do with it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Celine Dion. I just love her voice and her songs.

Anonymous said...

I always liked "Celine Dion." On Saturday Night Live.

Michael in New York said...

I have a Canadian friend who just couldn't bear Celine and how she teared up "spontaneously" at every single concert, often at the same moment. But hearing her voice live is pretty impressive. Serious pipes. But boy is she thin.