Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"King Kong" DVD -- Buyer Beware

USA Today spoke with director Peter Jackson, who happily confessed he's saving all sorts of goodies for the deluxe DVD edition of King Kong. Very annoying. Everyone cut Jackson slack with The Lord of the Rings DVDs. He was making all three movies at once so we all understood why the deluxe DVDs had to wait. Besides, they made it clear that a more elaborate version would be coming out later. But in general, it is a rip-off for studios to release a DVD, wait a few months and then release a deluxe edition. If you want two versions, release them simultaneously and let fans decide which they want. Don't force fans to buy a DVD and then feel they have to buy it again six months later to get some new features. Jackson describes himself as a geek who loves the extras on DVD. Clearly he can't remember what it's like to actually have to pay for them.

2 comments:

priv8pete said...

Works for me. By the time Netflix gets around to shipping King Kong to me, the deluxe edition will be getting released and if I want to own it I'll just buy the deluxe at that time...

movie releases said...

Its been years I have watched this movie and I still remember few scenes of this movie. I enjoyed this movie very much and have seen it with my friends when I was in college. In those days we used bunk classes to watch out a movie that we think is good one.