Thursday, March 23, 2006

Damn! My Chance At Reality Show Stardom Is Lost

One of my many claims to fame is winning the Rolling Stone College Journalist of the Year award for Entertainment, thanks to a profile of Philip Glass. (I also was a finalist in the criticism category for a piece on the sudden explosion of hit singles on the album charts, an 80s phenomenon now taken to a new level by High School Musical.) Now Rolling Stone is turning that annual contest into a reality series. Suffice to say, if they were casting that show, I probably wouldn't have made the cut (actually, a gay conservative might have had some appeal to them). I can't help thinking my one chance at TV stardom was blown over bad timing. If only I were still in college....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still in college? It's not as easy as you might think -- Sam and I both held out for as long as we could.
Steve

priv8pete said...

I thought you were still in college. Don't you get up at 11 and sit around all day watching movies and reading books? Sounds like college to me.