Monday, March 27, 2006

Primetime Preview

I'd like to check out Julia Louise-Dreyfuss's new sitcom (I always like to wait for the second or third episode since that's much more indicative of how a show will be than the pilot), but I'm conflicted since Everwood is returning tonight with two new episodes. Of course the most fun comes from Prison Break and 24. Again, I think this is too much cliffhangaring for one night, but I can hardly hold off on watching one of them since the plot twists get widely reported the next day. And surely 24 has turned some sort of corner when seeing Jack Bauer is going to be choking his ex-girlfriend doesn't evoke gasps of shock but giggles of delight. They're treading dangerously close to camp on this one. And the more I think about it, the more disastrous it would be of them to churn out a feature film in the off-season. Either end the show, give it a rest and then deliver a movie 16 months later in the fall or just stick to the series and avoid the feature film altogether. You can't do both. Late night, it will be interesting to see if Letterman mentions the death of a driver on his racing tam (Letterman hadn't met him apparently). Craig Ferguson (who is growing on me) has the New Cars, one of the goofiest group revivals I'ver ever seen. Check out NYCD.com under "You Might Think It's Foolish" for an amusing defense of the band.

No comments: