Friday, March 31, 2006

Weekend TV Preview

I saw bits and pieces of the Dr. Who revival when I was in the UK. Now that I can see Christopher Eccleston's performance in the proper order, I'm enjoying it wholeheartedly. And it makes me all the sadder he didn't stick around for at least a second series. (There's already a new Doctor in the UK; with season two beginning this month and season three already approved.) This weekend, Showtime is available for free, so you can watch Crash and realize what a mistake the Academy Awards made (not for the last time), check out the season premiere of Emmy-winning Huff, or you can watch the Liza With A 'Z' special directed by Bob Fosse. It knocked my socks off when I saw it recently at Radio City Music Hall. On Sunday, we'll see if Tony coming out of his coma can wake The Sopranos out of its stupor. And I won't miss Real Time With Bill Maher. When it's good, it's very fun. When it's bad, I just bemoan the fact that I'm not one of the guests.

No comments: