Friday, March 30, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

Even if I was blogging regularly, I couldn't be blogging regularly right now. Yesterday, I saw "Fracture" with Ryan Gosling at 11 a.m., "Disturbia" with Shia LeBeouf at 6:30 p.m. and then I went to see Darren Hayes of Savage Garden perform at Joe's Pub at 11:30 p.m. at night. LOTS of screaming girls there (about 70/30 women, I'd say). The new songs are great of course. My only disappointment is that he didn't perform "Casey," my favorite song off the new album (that I've heard so far). My feature on Darren will appear in the music issue of The Advocate, which I THINK will be the next one out. The most fun of the show was sitting next to Jim, who works behind the scenes in reality TV and handles the business end of Pink Is The New Blog, a gossipy website that is sort of Prez Hilton without the bitchiness. Jim is a huge Darren Hayes fan and it's always more fun to be with/near someone who is completely caught up in the music. Today I want to finish watching Gosling's "Murder By Numbers," watch "The Slaughter Rule" and then listen to some of the director commentary tracks on "Half Nelson" and "The Believer." Then I interview Ryan Gosling at 5 p.m., and then head to the new Athol Fugard play "Exits and Entrances" at 8 p.m. Saturday at 3:30 p.m. I interview Shia. Then at 8 p.m. I head to the revival of August Wilson's "King Hedley II" at 8 p.m. Sunday at 2 p.m. I see the revival of "Moon For The Misbegotten" with Kevin Spacey. Monday at 1 p.m. is opening day at Yankee Stadium. And I have to write all those stories -- Gosling, Shia, Spacey -- as well as rewrite a story on the MacDowell Colony and write a story on Mike White's new film "Year Of The Dog," which I already did the interview for. Aaarrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask Ryan about Breaker High -- a TV show from the latre 90s. He's come a long way...

Michael in New York said...

I talked about Young Hercules but couldn't fit in Breaker High -- especially since I didn't have a clue as to what it was about. Did you watch it? Who did he play?

jim said...

Great sitting next you too! Thanks for all the cool insight to some of the songs! --jim